Department of Defense Forms

Accessing military and veteran benefits requires filling out and maintaining the correct military forms. One of the most important documents you need is the Department of Defense form known as the DD Form 214. This form addresses separation, discharge or retirement from active service.


Veterans and their next-of-kin can get free copies of their DD Form 214 through the eVetRecs website or by mailing or faxing a completed Standard Form SF-180 to the National Archives. To avoid the hassle of requesting a copy of your DD Form 214, you can simply upload it into your personal DocSafe for future use.


You can also obtain more information about the myriad of Department of Defense and related forms by visiting this site.